In this article you will learn :
- Why voting in a meeting
- What you need to know about votings
Why vote in a meeting?
Voting in Sherpany will lead to better discussions/decisions and therefore better meetings.
It will give the Meeting Organiser the possibility to set up the voters based on the list of attendees and viewers, and to set up when the voting is active (before and/or during, and/or after the meeting).
What you need to know about voting :
- The “Set up vote” button for every agenda item will automatically change your agenda item type to “Voting”. This will promote the use of (asynchronous) voting, which is helpful for your excellent meeting.
- The “Set up vote” button will open a 3-step wizard to set up the voting :
As a Meeting Organiser :
- You have the possibility to select the voters from the list of attendees and viewers.
- You have the possibility to set up when the voting is active: Before and/or during, and/or after the meeting. This option will help you to have more control of the Meeting Lead.
- You can to edit the setup - even during or after the voting - and without losing any votes cast so far.
- You can see on the collapsed agenda if there is a voting setup for any of the agenda items.
As a Minutes Taker, be aware that you can write minute notes also for Voting agenda items.
To allow better preparation of discussions for the Meeting Leader and Participants, the “Request discussion” voting results will not only be shown on the Admin/Editor View, but also to the voters (including the Meeting Leader) on the Attendee view.
The “request for vote” notification to the voters will only be sent out if the voting is active “before” the meeting.