In this article you will learn:
- What is an agenda item
- How to create and modify an item and a sub-item
- What are the types of agenda items
- What are agenda permissions
What is an Agenda item?
The agenda items are the main components of the meeting agenda. They are numbered and to each item corresponds a duration and time. There are five types of items, which will be described in more details below.
Create an item
After you created the meeting the first step is to create an agenda item. To do that type the title in the 'Type agenda item and press enter...' space which appears in the agenda and press "enter" or "tab". The number of the item will be automatically set.
Tips from your support team :
Try formulating your agenda item as a question! It’s a powerful technique that engages participants, promotes critical thinking, and focuses the conversation on achieving common goals. ❌ Don’t write: “Budget Issue” ✅ Ask a specific question such as “How can we reduce expenses by $100,000 by year-end?” This approach drives curiosity and clarifies the meeting’s purpose, ultimately leading to more productive discussions. For more meeting management tips, join our Ambassador Program inside the App
To create a sub-item:
- Move the cursor over the agenda item
- Click on the '+' icon
- Type the title of the sub item
Modify an Item
If you click on the Agenda item, it will expand below. Here you can find all the details. For every change remember to select "Save" at the bottom right of the agenda item.
In this section you can:
- Change the title
- Add a proposal/remarks
- Define the type
- Enter a presenter
- Modify the duration
- Add documents yourself to that agenda item
- Request documents from others for that agenda item
- Manage agenda permissions (exclusions) for that specific agenda item
Bulk actions: You can also modify the type or the duration of items - or delete some-, by selecting checkboxes on the left side of the agenda items. A panel on the top will appear. You can also select more than one item at the same time.
You can change from a sub-item to a main item by sliding it to the left. To change it back to a sub-item slide it to the right.
For the changes to be visible to the meeting participants, remember to click on Publish. If you do not want some members to see these changes yet, you can exclude them from selective publishing.
To delete an item, move the cursor over the agenda item and click on the bin icon.
What are the types of agenda items?
You can choose between five types of agenda items:
- Information: Choose this item to raise a new topic or share information in the meeting.
- Approval: To request a vote about a topic to the participants of the meeting. When you choose an approval item you will have the option to select "Voting" or not. If you want to know more about the voting system, you can read this article.
- Discussion: To start a discussion on a topic or raise a problem.
- Workshop: Choose this item for an activity or a task to accomplish during the meeting.
- Organisational: For practical information on how the meeting will be organised (e.g breaks).
What are agenda permissions (exclusions)
- New users added to the meeting will have access to all agenda items, regardless if custom permissions have been set for other users inside the meeting.
- If a user is excluded from a parent agenda item; they will be automatically excluded from a sub agenda item. This will also clearly be displayed in the interface and will not change if drag & drop functionality is used unless moved from less restricted agenda item to more restricted agenda item.
- If the user is excluded from the agenda item, or sub item(s), they will automatically be excluded from the document(s) associated with said items, and this exclusion will be listed in the interface.
Agenda permissions are a way to provide access to a specific agenda item for only some participants of the meeting. You can define permissions by excluding participants. To do so, expand the respective agenda item and click on the “Manage exclusions” button on the right to select the participants. The selected participant will have access to the meeting, but not to the respective agenda item (and linked documents).