In this article you will learn :
- How to create and assign a task or a decision
- How to filter and sort tasks & decision
- How to change the status of a task or a decision
- How to track changes of a task or a decision
- How to import previously created task to a new meeting
How to create and assign a task or a decision?
During a meeting, while taking the minutes, the chairperson can create and assign tasks & decisions.
- In the "Minutes" tab, select an agenda item
- Click on "Add decision" or "Add task"
- Fill in the fields: 1. Decision taken; 2. Review date; 3. Assignee. 4.Save it
How to filter and sort tasks & decisions?
You can have an overview of all the task & decisions in your room for a better follow up.
It's available under the "Tasks & decisions" page.
You can switch between task and decisions:
You can sort the tasks & decisions by:
- Due date
Filter them by:
How to change the status of a task or a decision?
You can change the status of a task or a decision from the overview. Click on ''Change to update the status. A new dialogue will appear.
The second option to change the status of a task or a decision is to do it directly from the minutes of the meeting by clicking on the dropdown menu of the status.
You can go directly to the minutes it belongs by clicking on the name of the meeting below the task or decision.
How to track changes of a task or decision?
To understand the full history of a task or a decision you can find an action log of the task on the details screen.
Only tasks and decisions that have been published in status "ready" will appear on the tasks & decision lists for both admin/editors and members.
How to import previously created tasks to a new meeting
To better track the status of assigned tasks from past meetings, you have the option to attach these tasks to an agenda item of an upcoming meeting.
1. In the "Agenda" tab, select an agenda item
2. Click on “Import tasks”
3. Select the tasks you d’like to review as part of the upcoming meeting
Once the tasks are attached to the agenda item. You have the possibility to change the status of a task and leave a remark
Edit the task name, assignee or due date in case there are any changes
View the history of the task when checking the full details
Sherpany recommends following up on action items whenever possible asynchronously as part of the individual meeting preparation and only discussing/reviewing tasks during the in-meeting time where there is actually a need to discuss.