In this article you will learn:
- What is an agenda item
- How to create and modify an item and a sub-item
- What are the types of agenda items
- What are agenda permissions
What is an Agenda item?
The agenda items are the main components of the meeting agenda. They are numbered and to each item corresponds a duration and time. There are five types of items, which will be described in more details below.
Create an item
After you created the meeting the first step is to create an agenda item. To do that type the title in the 'Type agenda item and press enter...' space which appears in the agenda and press "enter" or "tab". The number of the item will be automatically set.
To create a sub-item:
- Move the cursor over the agenda item
- Click on the '+' icon
- Type the title of the sub item
Modify an Item
If you click on the Agenda item, it will expand below. Here you can find all the details. For every change remember to select "Save" at the bottom right of the agenda item.
In this section you can:
- Change the title
- Add a proposal/remarks
- Define the type
- Enter a presenter
- Modify the duration
- Add documents yourself to that agenda item
- Request documents from others for that agenda item
- Manage agenda permissions (exclusions) for that specific agenda item
Bulk actions: You can also modify the type or the duration of items - or delete some-, by selecting checkboxes on the left side of the agenda items. A panel on the top will appear. You can also select more than one item at the same time.
You can change from a sub-item to a main item by sliding it to the left. To change it back to a sub-item slide it to the right.
To delete an item, move the cursor over the agenda item and click on the bin icon.
What are the types of agenda items?
You can choose between five types of agenda items:
- Information: Choose this item to raise a new topic or share information in the meeting.
- Approval: To request a vote about a topic to the participants of the meeting. When you choose an approval item you will have the option to select "Voting" or not. If you want to know more about the voting system, you can read this article.
- Discussion: To start a discussion on a topic or raise a problem.
- Workshop: Choose this item for an activity or a task to accomplish during the meeting.
- Organisational: For practical information on how the meeting will be organised (e.g breaks).
What are agenda permissions (exclusions)
Agenda permissions are a way to provide access to a specific agenda item for only some participants of the meeting. You can define permissions by excluding participants. To do so, expand the respective agenda item and click on the “Manage exclusions” button on the right to select the participants. The selected participant will have access to the meeting, but not to the respective agenda item (and linked documents).