In this article you will learn:
- What is the Digital Circular Resolution
- How to create a Digital Circular Resolution meeting
- Request a vote
- Change an approval item
- Manage the outcomes
- Create a decision
What is the Digital Circular Resolution (DCR)?
When you create a meeting you can choose the Digital Circular Resolution type. DCRs are usually used for a series or a single resolution that need to be passed by the board members, without the need for a physical meeting.
How to create a Digital Circular Resolution?
Start by creating a new meeting from your account, and choose Circular Resolution.
Make sure you add a title and you fill in all the details of the meeting.
In the agenda, when you will add the item topic, this will automatically be an approval item. You can add the proposal in the "Proposal/Remarks" field. In the details of this agenda item you can decide if the participants can Abstain or Request a discussion.
If you want to create an Approval item in a physical meeting or a conference, you will need to make sure to select the "Voting" checkbox in the details of the Approval type.
To request the vote, you need to publish the agenda with the status "Ready". After doing that you will not be able to make changes to the agenda without invalidating the votes, if there are any. The attendees will receive a notification informing them that their vote has been requested. Read this article to know how to vote.
- To modify the "Details" and "Exclusions'' of the approval item you will have to "Unlock" the agenda item.
- If you want to add documents to the agenda item, and you already published with the status "Ready", you will have to publish again in the status "Draft".
After editing an approval item or adding a new document, you will have to publish again with the status "Ready". A new publication with the status "Ready" will invalidate all the votes, if there are any.
The attendees' vote was requested based on certain information. If you add or change the information to the proposal, the attendees should consider these and vote again.
- Go to the meeting agenda, and click on the decision item.
- Below the respective agenda item, you will have an overview of the result of the vote, with the percentage for each vote. You can also verify which attendees voted what, by clicking ''see voting status''.
If for any reason there are attendees can't vote, you can vote on their behalf:
- Click on ''See voting status''.
- On the line of the name of the attendee, click on the pen icon
- You must now add a justification and then click on "Confirm".
An email will be sent to the attendees with the confirmation of the vote set by the meeting editor.
Based on these results, you either "Confirm" or "Reject" the proposal. Once you confirmed or rejected the vote you will have to publish again, so the attendees will be able to see the results of the vote in the meeting.