In this article you will learn:
How to create a user
- The steps to create a new user
- The difference between admins, editors and users
How to edit an already existing profile
- The steps to edit the information of other users
To add a new user follow these steps:
- Click on ‘+Add user’ to create and invite a new user.
- Fill the email of the new user,
- Please fill in all required fields, indicated with an asterisk
- Decide the roles
- "Send Invitation" or "Create and Invite later" : You can decide to either invite a user immediately or save it as a draft and send the invitation later. If you click on "Invite" the new user will receive an email with a link to accept the invitation.
The difference between users, editors, admins, user management admins and assistants
Users can have access to meetings they have been invited to by their Admins, and to documents in the library.
Editors are Users who can create new meetings for their group(s) in the meeting section, and they are allowed to use all meeting-functions such as publish and notify. They can't create new users.
Admins can create meetings, users, assign editors to a room and add new documents to the corporate library.
User Management Admins can create and manage users and groups (only available for Enterprise customers).
Assistants are “linked” to a user. Once a user is invited or has already registered, you can click on the user's profile and then on the '+' to set up his/her assistant. Assistants will always have the equal access rights as the user they are linked to. You can assign an assistant to the user from the user's detail page.
Warning : an Assistant can be added to a User only after that the user has accepted the invitation and is active.
Editor / Group Manager are users who can create and manage groups and be set as group owners.
For the groups they own / manage, they can add/ remove users, create / manage meetings and manage library documents.
Contributors have access to the backlog of Topic Hub. They can submit, edit and view their own agenda item requests.
To do that you will only have to:
- Select the user you want to modify, a side panel will appear
- Click on theicon at the top left of the panel
- Make the desired changes
- Click on "Save" to save the changes made
Tip from your support team
We always recommend you to have two Admins in your rooms. The reason why is that, for security reasons, the Admin is the only one able to change any information of another user except, himself. Having two Admins is better to be sure, in case one of them needs to update his information, that they will be able to do it.
For more meeting management tips, join our Ambassador Program inside the App.
- You can change your personal information from "Settings" and then clicking on "Profile". You can't change your role in a room, only another Admin of the same room can.
- If the user you are editing is part of more than one Room, it is not possible to change his/her phone number and/or email address. If needed, the user can change his/her own phone number and/or email address from the settings of their account.
Back to Admin Guide: Web Environment