In this article, you will learn how to:
- Create a group
- Edit a group
- Add users to a group
- Remove users from a group
Create a group
- Go to the Users section.
- Select Groups, and select the + on the up-right side to add a new group.
- Type in the name of the group, adjust the automatically created initials if needed, choose the color of the box, optionally add additional users who can edit the group, and then save.
While creating a group, you can choose to display it Everywhere or in Topic Hub Only.
- “Visible everywhere” is meant for meetings, library, and anywhere else within Sherpany, where you can assign permissions to groups.
- “Visible in Topic Hub only” is meant for a group that can only be used in Topic Hub, and cannot f.e. be added to meetings or the library.
Edit a group
To change the name, the initials, the color of the box or the users who can edit the group, click on the setting button that appears when you select the respective group.
Add users to a group
On the group page, you can manage group membership.
To add users:
- Click on the group that you need to fix.
- Start typing the name of a user and select the one you want to add from the list.
Remove users from a group
To remove a user from a group, you have two different options:
- Click on a group to open its page.
- Choose a user to delate of the group.
- On the respective profile, click on the little grey cross at the right. It will open a panel :
- Click on "Remove user" to remove the membership.
The user will automatically disappear from the group page you are on.
Go to the user section and select the respective user on the list.
- Click on the blue pen in the right panel to modify the user
- Scroll down until the group section
- Delate the concerned groups
Meeting Organisers can not assign an empty group (i.e. a group without any person it in) to a document/meeting. The empty groups will show up in the search drop-downs, but it will not be able to select them. Instead, the following message is shown, when the Meeting Organiser hovers over the group name: “This group does not have any people in it and therefore cannot be added”.