In this article you will learn:
- What is the replace document feature
- How to have multiple version of the same document in the meeting agenda
- Where to find the version date and indication of the annotations
What is the replace document feature
The replace document feature allows you to have multiple versions of the same document in the meetings but keeps it organized and clear to understand.
If you have several versions of the same document uploaded to a meeting, you won't have to manually organize them, order them and provide similar names with versioning suffixes to know which versions to consider as the most recent ones.
You can expand and collapse the list of the outdated versions to be able to get a cleaner list of the agenda item documents. These changes are available on all views (editor and attendee view), and all platforms (web, and all native applications).
How to have multiple version of the same document in the meeting agenda
- When uploading a new document you will see a new option in the document row on the meeting view that allows you to replace that document with a new version by uploading it.
- When you will upload a document you will be able to let the attendees know regarding the need to make the replacement and what was changed from the previous version. This feedback area is available only if the comments feature is also enabled in your setup.
- The previous version will not be deleted. It will stay in the platform but always in a lower position and with greyed information so the user knows that it is an outdated version of the main document.
- If a document has more than one outdated version, all those versions will be ordered chronologically from the most recent ones to the oldest ones. Clicking on the ^ you can easily expand and collapse the list.
- The attendee can also check the comments on the documents to see your messages on what was changed.
On the outdated versions of a document, the user can still preview the document, read and make annotations.
The feedback of the organizer to the attendees on the reasons for the replacement is provided as a comment to the attendees, so there is no need to learn a new process.
This feature is available only for meetings. It doesn't apply to library documents.
The metadata of the outdated documents is not changeable, and it inherits the same values of the main document.
Where to find the version date and indication of the annotations
You will be able to know which version is the latest and if it has got annotations thanks to the below icons (clicking on ''i'').
Need more help?
If you have any questions regarding this feature, feel free to contact our Customer Happiness team.
+41 (0) 44 515 89 60