In this article you will learn :
- Why using the filters in the library ?
- How to use the filters ?
- How to combine filters ?
Why using the filters in the library ?
Thanks to the filters you will be able to find more easily your documents, especially if you have a large number of documents.
How to use the filters ?
- You have the option to filter the results by document title. The system will show all the documents where the typed text is contained in the title.
- For the labels and group filters, you can search for a specific item by typing part of the labels or group name, which makes it easier to find the item you need, even in a long list.
- On the labels and groups, you can select multiple items which will list any document that has at least one of the items. You can also use the "No Labels" or "No Groups" option to find documents that still have no labels or groups assign.
You will be able to use the option called "My Documents", which allows you to find documents uploaded by yourself.
How to combine the filters ?
All the filters can be combined between them simultaneously, providing the documents that match all selected criteria. When combining multiple filters, it is important to understand the rules being applied :
- If you select multiple labels, it will list all documents that have at least one of the labels.
- If you select multiple labels and "No Labels" option, it will list all the documents that have at least one of the labels or no labels assigned.
- If you select multiple labels groups, it will list all documents that have at least one of the groups.
- If you select multiple groups and the "No Groups" option, it will list all documents that have at least one of the groups or no groups assigned.
- If you select on label and one group, it will list all documents that have the labels, and the group.
- If you select multiple labels and multiple groups, it will list all documents that have at least one of the labels and at least one of the groups.
- If you include a document title filter in combination with other filters, it will filter the results of the other filters by showing just the documents that have the inserted text in the title.
The filter configuration chosen by the user will now update the browser URL, which means that the URL can be copied and past to an other user as a way to better share a result list or be saved as a browser bookmark for repeated use.
Please note that the permission to each user will also be taken into consideration, and therefore the list might be different.
Need more help ?
If you need more information regarding the use of the filters in the library, feel free to contact our Customer Happiness Team.
+41 (0) 44 515 89 60