In this article, you will learn:
- What can assistants do
- How to assign an assistant to a member
- Working as an assistant
What can assistants do?
The assistant is a user that will have access to all meetings and documents to which the assisted user is assigned.
- Create meeting on behalf of the assisted user so that they can create and prepare meetings.
- See the same meetings and documents that are shared with the assisted user so that I can prepare the meeting and annotate the documents.
- Annotate documents shared with the assisted user, so they can add their notes to a document.
- Create agenda item request on behalf of the assisted user, so the request from the assisted user are considered.
- Upload library documents on behalf of the assisted user so that they can upload documents requested by the assisted user.
- Vote on voting items on behalf of the assisted user so that only the assisted user vote is considered.
- See the tasks & decisions assigned to the assisted user.
How to assign an assistant to a member?
Assistants are “linked” to a member. Once a member is invited or has already registered, you can assign an assistant to him/her, to do so you must:
- Select the member's profile you want to add an assistant to
- Scroll down and click on Add Assistant
- Fill in the new assistant profile
- Invite him/her or save it for later
Warning : an Assistant can be added to a Member only after that the member has accepted the invitation and is active.
- A member can have several assistants
- Assistants have the same access of the member they are assigned to
- An existing member can't be assigned as assistant to another member
- An assistant can only assist one member
Working as an assistant
When an assistant is using the system, everything that the assistant does is registered as if the assisted person was the one doing it, even though it is the login of the assistant that is doing the action.
For example, if an assistant is adding a public comment on an agenda item while typing the information the avatar of the assistant is the one that is shown, but after sending the comment the avatar and name registered in the comment are from the assisted person.