In this article you will learn:
- Why is it important to synchronise your app
- How to synchronise step by step
- What are the issues related to synchronisation
The synchronisation is an essential step to use Sherpany app in a tablet or phone. Technically, synchronising the app allows collecting the data that are stored on the server (on the web) in order to have all the meetings, documents and other information. It also allows you to have all your meetings and documents for offline use (f.e.g.: during travels).
But it also works the other way around, when working on a tablet, for example when preparing the meeting using the annotations, it is necessary to synchronise in order to save the changes on the server. Otherwise, the changes are only saved on the device and if something goes wrong, there is no recovery possible.
- Log in to your Sherpany account on your tablet
- In the top right corner you will see the icon for synchronisation, click on it
- You will receive an SMS security code on your phone
- Type it in your device to allow the synchronisation
- You will see a countdown of the data to update
After the update is complete, the day when the update has been done is saved and showed next to the icon so you can always know when was the last time you synchronised.
Synchronisation requires a good and stable internet connection. Specially if there is an important quantity of data to update in your Room. It can also be slower depending on the speed of the internet connection.
There are some situations than can be connected to a bad/missed synchronisation:
- No meeting in the Room
- Upcoming meeting missing
- No document in the Library
- Annotations made on the web app are missing
- Annotations made on my tablet are missing in web app
- App deleted from the tablet and annotations made on the device lost
If you try to synchronise your app but it is not working because you don't receive any security code via SMS, you can have a look at this solution: SMS security code not received.